This delicious soup noodle is easy and quick to prepare. The addition of Thai or Chinese Suki Sauce is optional, but gives the soup a nice flavour and a spicy kick. This is a vegetarian version I am posting for my friend Kerry, but you can add any cooked meat or seafood of your choice and use fish or chicken stock instead.
The noodles used are bean-thread vermicelli or cellophane noodles, and they soak up about 10 times their weight in liquid, so they make for a really substantial soup.
- 500ml clear vegetable stock
- About 2 slack handfuls of your choice of chopped or shreaded vegetables. Cabbage, carrots, beansprouts, mushrooms and green beans are excellent.
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced (optional)
- About 2 slack handfuls of bean thread vermicelli
- 1/2 tsp of good quality rock salt
- Dash of light soy or mushroom soy sauce
- Dash of hemp oil (optional)
- Dash of sesame oil (optional)
- Chinese or Thai suki sauce (optional)
- 2 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- A sprinkle of raw beansprouts (optional)
- 1 tbsp of hulled hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp of sprouted beans and seed mix (optional)
In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a gentle simmer, then add the remaining ingredients. Return the soup to a simmer and continue simmering for a further 3 minutes, or until the noodles taste ready.
Add your choice of garnish and serve immediately.
Post a Comment